Free Pet Dental Checkups At PetSmart March 2, 2013

Banfield Pet Hospital free dental care examinations
Bring your favorite furry friend to your neighborhood PetSmart on Saturday, March 2 -- their in-store Banfield Pet Hospitals will be conducting free dental checkups for cats and dogs from 2 to 4pm that day.

Pet owners will also receive free coupons and educational tools to help them keep their fuzzball's teeth and breath in good condition.



No RSVPs appear to be required to attend the Pet Dental Checkup Days event, but you might call ahead to your PetSmart store to make sure.  You can find the phone number for your closest location here.

I think this is an amazing offer for pet owners, who might not realize how serious dental issues can be for their beloved pets.  

Several years ago, I had a wonderful lovebug of a cat named Darla.  When she was 14, she developed an abscessed tooth I didn't know about.  

By the time I realized something was wrong, the abscess had weakened her heart and other organs to the point that the vet couldn't guarantee she would survive the anesthesia needed to repair the abscess.

When she became unable to eat, the only thing we could do was put her down rather than let her slowly starve.  It was genuinely one of the most terrible episodes of my life, and I still feel guilty that I didn't know how important oral care was for pets.

Needless to say, my current pets all get dental exams regularly!

Learn more about the PetSmart Pet Dental Checkup Days here.

Check out other current offers for pet lovers:

Want more freebies and deals?  Follow me on Twitter, check out my boards on Pinterest, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.


Comments