This post may include affiliate links. Go here to see my full disclosure policy!
Here are my picks for the best deals in the Walgreens ad for May 8 - 14, 2016!
Walgreens is slightly quirky with their policies, so you'll want to be fully prepped before you hit the store.
Also, be sure you check out the new changes to the Balance Rewards program before you start shopping -- I think you'll be pleased!
Best deals in the May 8 Walgreens ad
- Garnier Fructis Select Stylers -- on sale for $2.99 each. Buy two for a pre-coupon price of $5.98, then stack two $2 off coupons from the 4/24 Red Plum inserts with the $2 off 2 Walgreens coupon available in the monthly coupon book (those are kept at the front of the store with the weekly ads.) You'll get both bottles for FREE!
- Garnier Fructis Shampoo or Conditioner -- also on sale for $2.99 each. So again buy two for a pre-coupon price of $5.98, then stack the $3 off 2 coupon from the 4/24 Red Plum insert with the $2 off 2 Walgreens coupon available in the monthly coupon book. You'll pay 98 cents for both, or just 49 cents per bottle!
- Smartwater or Vitaminwater -- on sale 3 bottles for $3, with 1000 Balance Reward points back when you buy three in the same transaction (like $1 in buying power on a future purchase.) So that's like a final price of $2 for all three bottles, or 67 cents apiece!
- Ajax Dishwashing Liquid -- on sale for 89 cents per bottle.
- Nice! Facial Tissue -- on sale for 89 cents per box.
- Xtra Liquid Laundry Detergent -- click here to see how you can score bottles for just a dollar each!
- Ziploc Containers -- on sale 2 for $5.50, with $1 back in Register Rewards when you buy two. So buy two and use this $1 off 2 coupon. You'll pay $4.50 out of pocket, then get your $1 back in Register Rewards. So that's like $3.50 for both. Next, submit for this $1 off 2 Checkout 51 rebate offer. Your final price drops to $2.50 for both, or $1.25 apiece!
- Nice! Large One Dozen Eggs -- on sale for $1.29 each.
- Nice! Peanut Butter or Fruit Spread -- on sale for $1.50 per jar with in-ad coupon.
- Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color -- on sale 2 boxes for $6. Use the $1 off 2 coupon arriving in the 5/8 Smartsource insert. Your new price drops to 2 for $5, or $2.50 per box.
- Nice! Purified Drinking Water -- 24-count packs on sale for $2.99 each.
- Skinny Cow Frozen Treats -- on sale for $3.99 per box. Use the $1 off coupon from the 5/1 Smartsource insert and get yours for $2.99.
- Tide PODS -- on sale for $4.99 per bag. Use the $2 off coupon from the 5/1 P&G inserts and get yours for $2.99 instead.
- Excedrin -- 100-count boxes on sale 2 for $20, with 10,000 Balance Reward points back when you buy two in the same transaction. So buy two, then use two $2 off coupons from the 5/8 Smartsource inserts. You'll pay $16 out of pocket for both boxes, and then you'll still receive your 10,000 points (like $10 in buying power on a future purchase.) Your final price is $6 for both boxes, or $3 each!
- Scott Paper Towels -- 6-count packs on sale for $4.99. Use the $1 off coupon in the monthly coupon book to pay $3.99 for yours.
- Huggies Diapers -- on sale for $10 per pack, with $10 back in Register Rewards when you spend $30 or more. So buy three for $30, then use three of this $2 off coupon (multiple devices required.) Pay $24 out of pocket, then still get your $10 back in Register Rewards. So your final price is $14 for all three packs, or just $4.67 each!
- Revlon ColorStay Gel Nail Color -- on sale for $8.79, with $4 back in Register Rewards. So that's like a final price of $4.79 for yours!
- Deadpool -- on sale for $14.99 per DVD or $19.99 per Blu-ray beginning Tuesday, May 10.
- Dial Body Wash -- on BOGO sale, no prices listed in ad. Use the $1 off coupon from the 5/8 Red Plum insert for an even better deal.
- Tide Simply Clean & Fresh Laundry Detergent -- on BOGO sale, no prices listed in ad.
- Tone Body Wash -- on BOGO sale, no prices listed in ad. Use the $1 off coupon from the 5/8 Red Plum insert for an even lower price.
You can see the complete ad for the week over on i heart wags right now. Let me know if I missed any great deals, and I will add them to the recap.
Need more coupons to take advantage of these deals? Check out my how-to guide to getting coupons without spending tons of $$$. Or look at my free coupon database to help track down other brands you need!