Shopping Haul: 18 Cents Profit At CVS

Here's the results of my quick trip to CVS this week to snag my free Clear hair care, as well as to grab my quarterly Extra Bucks rewards that began printing April 2.

I actually made 18 cents in profit on this transaction, and saved $14.77 off the regular shelf price!

Here's how the math works out:

  • Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy -- on sale for $4.99 this week.  I scanned my Extra Care card to score my $4.99 CVS coupon, then paired it with a $1 off coupon I got with the recent Clear sample.  So this was a $1 money-maker in the store!
  • Fiber Plus bars -- on sale 2 for $5, with a $1 off 2 peelie coupon available on one box.
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Easter egg -- on sale for 49 cents.
My pre-coupon price was $10.48, down from $15.76, which is what it would have cost me to buy all four items at regular price.  Then I used the following coupons:
  • the $4.99 CVS coupon from the magic coupon machine
  • the $1 off Clear coupon from my sample
  • the $1 off 2 peelie coupon from the Fiber Plus bars
  • and my $2.50 quarterly Extra Bucks reward.
That knocked my price down to $1.07 for all four items after tax, or about 27 cents per item.  

Not too shabby, right?  But wait, there's more!

Since I have the Ibotta app, I get to submit this receipt for a $1.25 Clear reimbursement.  That means I'll actually have earned 18 cents profit on the transaction once all is said and done.

I think this trip was a good use of ten minutes today, don't you?

What kind of great shopping deals have you scored recently?  Share your great hauls in the comment section below!

Check out more of my shopping hauls here.

Want more freebies and deals?  Follow me on Twitter, check out my boards on Pinterest, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.

Comments

  1. I had a great deal today at Target, Jennifer!
    I bought 2 Almay intense eye shadows at $4.99 each
    2 Outshine frozen fruit bars at $2.99 each
    Used (1) $5/2 Almay products coupon
    (2) $1/1 Almay intense eye color Target coupons
    (2) $2/1 Outshine frozen fruit bars
    Total cost was $15.96 before coupons and
    $4.96 after! That's $1.24 each item.
    Yay! Mommy's happy and kids are happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment