Shopping Haul: Saved 60% Off At PetSmart

I had a very successful little trip to PetSmart today that I wanted to share -- I spent just $5.60 after tax for a bag of cat food, a bag of jerky strips, and a dental dog treat!

These three items would cost $14.17 without coupons, so I saved 60% off the regular price!

Here's how everything worked out:
  • Purina Cat Chow Healthy Weight -- 6.3lb bag priced at $8.99 per bag.  I used a $1 off coupon that was in the last bag I bought, which dropped the price to $7.99.  There was also a $1 off coupon in the 1/27 Red Plum that's still available to use.
  • Science Diet Ideal Balance beef jerky strips for dogs -- on sale for $3.49 per bag (normally $6.99.)  I used a $5 off PetSmart coupon that I got for taking my dog to the PetSmart day care -- so this was free, plus I got $1.51 overage towards the rest of my transaction!
  • Kong dental care dog treat -- priced at $1.69.
I also used a $3 off Petsmart coupon that I received on my last receipt for taking their customer service survey.

So after my $9 worth of coupons, my final price plus tax was just $5.60 for all three items!

This just shows how important it is to pay attention to your receipts and other information you receive from stores.  That $5 off Science Diet coupon actually came in Jackson's day care 'progress report' -- and I bet a lot of folks just toss those without ever looking inside.

What kind of great shopping deals have you scored recently?  Share your great hauls in the comment section below!

Check out more of my shopping hauls here.

Want more freebies and deals?  Follow me on Twitter, check out my boards on Pinterest, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.

Comments