If you plan to become a regular couponer at Dollar General, I strongly recommend building a personal relationship with your store's general manager so the cashiers don't freak out at the sight of your coupon binder.
Bringing a copy of the Dollar General coupon policy is always a smart idea too! The policy updated back in December 2014, so you might need to print yourself a new copy.
Best deals in the 1/24 Dollar General ad
- Hershey's Single Candy Bars -- assorted varieties on sale for 85 cents each, plus on a Buy 3 Get 1 Free sale. So buy four for $2.55, or just 64 cents apiece.
- Campbell's Chunky Soup -- on sale 3 for $3. Use the $1 off 3 coupon from the 1/3 Smartsource insert (this was a regional coupon, so not everyone will have received it in their inserts.) Your price drops to 3 for $2, or just 67 cents per can!
- Aim or Pepsodent Toothpaste -- on sale for 75 cents per tube.
- Glade Solid or Aerosol Air Freshener -- on sale for $1 each, plus on a Buy 3 Get 1 Free sale. So buy four for $3, or 75 cents each!
- Clover Valley Potato Chips, Pretzels, or Tortilla Chips -- on sale for $1 per bag.
- Dr. Pepper 2-Liters -- on sale 3 for $3 (must buy in quantities of three to receive discount.) So that works out to a buck per bottle!
- Rexall Lip Balm -- twin-packs on sale for $1 each.
- Valentine's Day Candy -- assorted varieties on sale for $1 per bag.
- Caress Body Wash -- on sale for $2.50 per bottle, with $2 off at the register instantly when you spend $7 on select items. Buy three for $7.50, then use two $1 off coupons from the 1/3 Red Plum insert with your $2 instant discount. Your price drops to $3.50 for all three bottles, or just $1.17 apiece. NOTE: Your cashier may try to tell you that instant discount offers exclude the use of coupons, but this is not true -- legally, Dollar General has to disclose that exclusion as part of the advertisement, which didn't happen here. However, it's going to be up to you to advocate for yourself if you run into a less-experienced or non-trained cashier!
- Oreo Cookies -- on sale 2 bags for $5. Use this $1 off 2 coupon (sort by Food to find it fast) to pay $4 out of pocket, then submit for this $1 off 2 Checkout 51 rebate. Your new price drops to $3 for both bags, or just $1.50 each!
- Nestle Stand Up Candy Bags -- on sale for $3 each, plus on a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. So buy three for $6, then use two 50 cents off coupons from the 1/3 Smartsource insert (most DG stores will not let you use a coupon on a free item.) Your new price drops to 3 for $5, or $1.67 per bag.
- Lay's Potato Chips -- on sale for $3.50 per bag, plus on a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. So that's like getting three bags for $7, or just $2.33 per bag!
- Hefty Trash Bags -- on sale for $4.75 per box. Use the $1 off coupon from the 1/3 Red Plum insert, and get yours for $3.75 instead.
- Scott Choose A Sheet Paper Towels -- 8-count packs of mega rolls (like 12 regular-size rolls) on sale for $6.75 each. Use the 75 cents off coupon from the 1/3 Smartsource insert, and pay $6 for yours. That's like paying just 50 cents per regular-size roll!
- Angel Soft Toilet Paper -- 12-count packs of mega rolls (like 48 regular-size rolls) on sale for $9.95 each. Buy two for $19.90, and use the $1 off Dollar General digital coupon (may not be available until 1/24 to load onto your account) with the 45 cents off coupon from the 1/3 Red Plum insert. Pay $18.45 out of pocket for both, then submit for this $5 off $15 SavingStar rebate. Your final price is $13.45 for both giant packs, or just $6.73 apiece. That's like paying 14 cents per regular size roll! NOTE: If you're not familiar with how Dollar General digital coupons work, go here for my how-to guide!