Dollar General Shopping Haul: $8.03 After Coupons & Rebates

I just wanted to show everyone the results of my trip to Dollar General today!

I went by my local store to talk coupons with managers Ginger and Stephanie this morning, and found so many good deals while I was there that I had to do some shopping on my way out.

After Dollar General digital coupons, manufacturer coupons, and a Try Me Free rebate, all 8 items in the photo are just $8.03 -- down from an original price of $23.38!

That's a savings of almost 65% off shelf price!

Here's how the math works out:

  • Diet Coke -- 3 packs on sale for $10 through Saturday, November 15 only (normally $4.50 each!)
  • Finish Jet-Dry Rinse Aid -- on sale for $3.85 each, with a Try Me Free hangtag rebate I found in stores.
  • Temptations Cat Treats -- on sale for $1.75 per bag, plus I had a $1 off 2 coupon loaded onto my DG digital coupons account.
  • All Mighty Pacs -- 24-load bag on sale for $5, plus I had a $1.50 off coupon loaded onto my DG digital coupons account.
  • Wheat Thins -- on clearance for 50% off $2.05!
So all 8 items were a pre-coupon price of $23.38.  I applied my digital coupons first, which took $5.50 off my purchase (that's both digital coupons listed above, plus the $3 off $15 store digital coupon that's good through today!)

That knocked my price down to $17.88, and then I used two $3 off Diet Coke coupons I got from My Coke Rewards.

So that's an out of pocket price of $11.88, and then I can submit for the Try Me Free Finish rebate for another $3.85 back.

That means my final price is just $8.03 for all 8 items, or less than $1.01 apiece!

NOTE: If you're using digital coupons and manufacturer coupons in the same transaction, there are a couple of things to keep in mind.  First off, almost all digital coupons, except for the $3 off $15 purchase coupons, are manufacturer coupons.  That means you can't stack manufacturer paper coupons on the same item you've got a manufacturer digital coupon on.

Secondly, you'll need to enter your phone number and have your digital coupons applied FIRST.  Once your cashier is done with that, you can hand over your manufacturer coupons and have them subtracted from your total.

For more info about digital coupons, be sure to check out my how-to guide!



Comments