Walgreens Shopping Haul: $5.08 OOP, $5 Back In Register Rewards

I just wanted to show everyone a little mini-shopping haul I did at Walgreens this evening!

After coupons, I paid $5.08 out of pocket for the four items in the photo, including tax.

And I received a $5 Register Reward to use on my next shopping trip.

So that's like a final price of 8 cents for all four items -- or just two cents apiece!

Here's how the math breaks down:

  • Wet N Wild Nail Polish, Lipstick, & Eye Shadow -- each on sale for 69 cents each.  So that's a pre-coupon price of $2.07, and I used two $1 off coupons from the 3/9 Red Plum insert.  Since I only used two coupons on three items, two things happened: a) the coupons didn't beep, and b) the overage on the two coupons was extended to the third item.  So my price out of pocket for these was seven cents.  Remember these coupons expire on March 22, so use them while you can!
  • Shotz All Natural Energy Acai Drinks -- 2-count packs on sale for $5, with $5 back in Register Rewards.  My Walgreens store had a sign up letting shoppers know that the Acai flavor is the only flavor triggering Register Rewards, so keep that in mind when you shop.
I don't know about you, but I feel like a final price of 8 cents is pretty decent to keep me alert and looking polished!


Comments