CVS Shopping Haul: $5.16 OOP, $5 Back In Extra Bucks!

Here's a really simple mini shopping haul I did at CVS on skin lotion this afternoon.

I paid $5.16 out of pocket for all four items, and then I earned $5 back in Extra Bucks to use on my next purchase.

So that's like a final price of 16 cents for all four items -- and if the right items are in stock at your store, your deal could be even better!

Here's how the math worked out:

  • Eucerin Original Healing Lotion -- 1 oz bottle priced at $1.19, with $5 back in Extra Bucks when you buy 2 Eucerin in the same transaction.  This would have been a huge money-maker if my store had two of these tubes in stock.  Since they didn't, I also bought:
  • Eucerin Daily Protection Face Lotion w/ SPF 30 -- 1 oz bottle priced at $2.99, with $5 back in Extra Bucks when you buy two.  So between both tubes, I spent $4.18, and got $5 back in Extra Bucks.  That's a profit of 82 cents.  However, if you find two tubes of the Original Healing Lotion, that would be a $2.62 profit!
  • Nivea Skin Firming Lotion -- 2.5 oz bottles priced at $2.99 each.  I bought two and used the $5 off 2 coupon from the 3/16 Smartsource.  So after coupons, these worked out to be 49 cents each for me.
NOTE: The 1 oz tubes of Eucerin Skin Calming Creme, which are also $1.19 and are housed in the trial/travel section, are NOT triggering the $5 Extra Bucks offer.  You need to look for the two I bought if you want that money-maker option.

So my pre-coupon price for everything was $10.16, and like I said, I paid $5.16 out of pocket, then earned my $5 in Extra Bucks.

I don't know about you, but I am perfectly happy to pay a final price of four cents per item for just about anything I can use!


See more shopping hauls here.

Comments