Would You Spend More Money To Snag High-Value Coupons?

I came across a really interesting coupon dilemma in the string cheese section of HEB this morning, and I thought I would throw a question out to readers to see what they would have done in my situation!



I spotted not one, but two string cheese coupon deals just in time for back to school.

One package (select varieties of Kraft string cheese) was priced fairly high, but had a whopping $12 in coupons inside.  I just couldn't see which coupons they were, and what the values were.

The other (Frigo Cheese Heads string cheese) was significantly lower-priced to start with, plus there was a coupon available to use right then and there.  So when all was said and done, that package was $1.80 cheaper than the Kraft.

I personally was very tempted to buy the Kraft package, but I wound up buying the Frigo.

Then I came home and Googled to see if anyone else had gone the other direction -- and it turns out Addicted 2 Deals has a photo of all the coupons inside.

And yes, those coupons are pretty good (especially if your family buys Pediasure or Crystal Light) so it might be worth a second trip back to snag them.

So which would you have bought -- the higher-priced package just to see which coupons were inside, or the lower-priced package with no promise of additional coupons?  Or would you have bought both?

I don't know that there's a right or a wrong answer here, but I'm just curious to see how people would make this decision.

Share your thoughts in the comments section!

Comments

  1. At walmart I buy the large 24 packs of string cheese and the frigo and kraft are almost the exact same price. The large kraft pack had the coupons inside so I bought it at 5 cents more expensive just to see what the coupons were. They were great coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have gone with frigo... I like cheaper off the bat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have gone with Frigo... well lets be honest cause I would have bought it either way :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even after seeing the coupons, I don't think it's worth it. You made the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't buy Kraft. We don't use either Pediasure or Crystal Light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have not tried frigo, i do like the flavor of the kraft, so prob. would have gone w/the kraft although w/the $1.80 i might have bought both and actually tried it when i got to the car and if i hated it, i would have at least had the kraft to fall back on and the dogs would have got a treat! But, if i liked it, i would have taken the kraft back and bought more of the less expensive. If it was less than .50 difference i would have stayed w/kraft. anyone, how is the frigo? there are some store brands i just dont like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the HEB string cheese using the $1.00 off web coupon and it tastes fine. In that situation I would have gone with the Frigo knowing it cost less.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure what I would have done. But needed cheese sticks and looked at the commissary today and Kraft was $2.50, cheapest one there, except for the weight watchers which was completely cleared. I was so happy to get home and see the dollar off coupon for Kraft cheese sticks. So can basically go back and get more for $1.50, plus more coupons! Please post if you find some pediasure deals with these coupons. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would of bought the Kraft, Coupons are Coupons the one's I don't need would have been great for the coupon swap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment