CVS Shopping Haul: Bought $20 Worth Of Merchandise For $1.01

I wanted to show everyone the results of my CVS shopping trip yesterday!  

As I talked about here, I had an opportunity to do a much larger haul -- ultimately $60 worth of product for free after coupons and Extra Bucks.

But when I arrived at the store, another shopper had cleaned out all the free Gillette shave cream -- so I took that as a sign that I should scale back my trip.

Still, I only spent a final price of $1.01 for the $20 worth of merchandise you see here -- which is a 95% savings off shelf price.  I think I can live with that!

Here's how the math worked out:

Assorted CVS-brand face, body, and hair care items are on a Spend $20, Get $10 back in Extra Bucks offer this week.  

Plus, I had a 25% off coupon that had been sent to my email the previous weekend, and a handful of coupons good on CVS brand products that printed from the magic CVS coupon machine.

So I scouted around the store to find some good deals that wouldn't clear the shelves for other shoppers!  Here's what I came up with:
  • CVS brand body wash -- on sale 2 for $4.  I bought six bottles for a pre-coupon price of $12, and used two $2 off 2 coupons from the coupon machine.
  • CVS styling gel with free travel-size gel -- on sale 2 for $5.50.  I bought two and used a $1.50 off $5 coupon from the coupon machine.
  • CVS cotton swabs -- priced at $2.57 per pack.  I bought one and used a $1 off coupon from the coupon machine.
My pre-coupon price before tax was $20.07.  I saved $3.40 from my 25% off coupon, and an additional $6.50 worth of coupons from the magic coupon machine.

So after coupons and tax, I spent $11.01 out of pocket -- and still received $10 back in Extra Bucks!  That means my final price was $1.01 for all 9 items (or 11 if you count the freebies attached to the styling gel!)

I am really pleased with how the deal worked out -- I have quite a few items that can be donated to charity at very little cost to myself, AND I still left plenty of product behind me for other couponers to snag throughout the rest of the week.  Win-win!


Comments