CVS Shopping Haul: $35 Worth Of Freebies

Here's a look at my CVS shopping trip from this afternoon!

I was itching to visit CVS, because I needed to spend my $3 in free Extra Bucks, plus I had $20 in Extra Bucks from the diaper deal on Sunday burning a hole in my pocket.

And I knew I was within $10 of generating a Beauty Club reward, so I decided to focus on stockpiling some skin care items!

So here's the breakdown of how my trip worked out:

  • Just the Basics paper towel roll --  on sale for 79 cents each.  I scanned my Extra Care card at the magic CVS coupon machine and received a 79 cents off coupon that made this free.
  • Band-Aid bandages -- priced at $3.19 each, with the Johnson & Johnson first aid kit free when I bought three in the same transaction.  Normally, the first aid kit is $4.99 by itself!
  • CVS age-defying skin care towelettes -- priced at $4.79 each, with $4 back in Extra Bucks when I spent $12 or more.  Three of the packs were bonus-sized, with 36 towelettes instead of 30!
So my pre-coupon price was a whopping $34.51 (which is why I never shop CVS without coupons!)  And then I used the following coupons:
  • the 79 cents off Just the Basics paper towel coupon from the CVS coupon machine,
  • two $4 off $10 CVS skincare coupons that printed last week at the CVS coupon machine,
  • my free $3 in Extra Bucks,
  • and my $20 from the diaper deal.
After all that, I spent $2.72 out of pocket -- and received $4 back in Extra Bucks from the towelettes.

So that was all free, plus an extra $1.28 in profit -- AND I will get another $5 back from my Beauty Club reward in the next few days too!

Not too shabby for a few minutes of shopping, eh?

Comments

  1. I had heard that the $20.00 from the diaper deal was only redeeming at $10.00, did you have any problems with this?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment