Shopping Haul: What Can A Quarter Buy You?

Here are the results of my shopping trip to CVS and Target this morning -- I spent $12.25 out of pocket on this purchase, not including coupons, Extra Bucks, and gift cards that I had earned through Swagbucks.

And I got $10 in Extra Bucks back, plus I can submit for $2 in Ibotta reimbursements.

So really, the final price of all this was just a quarter. Can you believe it?

Here's how the math broke down:

CVS:

  • 6 packs of Scott Choose-A-Size paper towels -- on sale for $5.49 each (normally $7.49 each) plus part of a Spend $30, Get $10 Extra Bucks deal.
  • Xtra laundry detergent -- on sale for $1.99 per bottle.
  • My pre-coupon price for all 7 items was $34.93.  I used six 75 cents off Scott coupons from the 3/17 Smartsource, which I got at last week's coupon swaps, plus a $1 off Xtra coupon from the CVS magic coupon machine.
  • So that knocked my price down to $29.43.  I then used two $10 CVS gift cards that I had gotten off Swagbucks, plus $6.99 in Extra Bucks that I had been saving from last week.
  • My price out of pocket dropped to $4.29 for all 7 items, and I earned my $10 in Extra Bucks!
Target:
  • Celery -- priced at $1.49 per bunch.  I used a $1 off Target coupon for fresh veggies (text SPRING to 827438 to get yours) and paid 49 cents instead.
  • Bananas -- priced at 49 cents per pound.  My bunch rang in at $1.26, and I used a $1 off Target coupon for fresh fruit, that was on the same mobile coupon as the veggies.
  • Smuckers raspberry jelly -- priced at $2.24 each.
  • Market Pantry oatmeal -- 10-count box priced at $1.74.
  • Pillsbury cake mix -- 2 boxes priced at $1 each.  I used a $1 off 2 tearpad coupon from last week's coupon swaps, and knocked my price down to 50 cents apiece.
  • Hormel Cure 81 hamsteaks -- 2 packs priced at $2.99 each.  I used two $2 off coupons from the 3/17 Smartsource, and snagged mine for 99 cents apiece.
  • Ore-Ida french fries -- priced at 99 cents per pack.
  • So my price after all those coupons, plus my 5% discount for using my Target RedCard, was just $8.26 for everything!
But since I have the Ibotta app, I get to submit for another $2 in reimbursements -- $1 for the Ore-Ida fries, and $1 for the Smuckers jelly.

That means the final price of my Target run was $6.26 for all 9 items.

So all 16 items shown in the photo cost me a whopping $12.25 out of pocket -- plus $12 back in reimbursements or Extra Bucks.

That works out to 25 cents for all 16 items -- or way less than 2 cents each!  Not a bad shopping trip if you ask me.

What kind of great shopping deals have you scored recently?  Share your great hauls in the comment section below!

Check out more of my shopping hauls here.

Want more freebies and deals?  Follow me on Twitter, check out my boards on Pinterest, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.

Comments

  1. Nice trip... I love shopping at CVS...

    Drop by and visit us!

    Tommy
    http://www.thecouponingcouple.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the Ibotta offer was only for the Strawberry Preserves - did you get credit of you raspberry jelly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think different people got different offers -- I ONLY got the raspberry jelly. Luckily, it's what we use! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment