Best Buy Ends $50 Off $100 Coupon Promotion After One Day

Hell hath no fury like a couponer scorned -- and Best Buy employees and PR personnel are feeling the heat after the company unexpectedly cancelled a week-long $50 off $100 coupon promotion after the first day.

Best Buy released the high-value coupon on Monday, January 21 to customers, but retracted it by the beginning of business of Tuesday, January 22.

Officially, Best Buy says the coupon was sent out with incorrect "product inclusions, product exclusions, single product call out and end date."



Unofficially, it just looks like Best Buy was unprepared to deal with an onslaught of customers, eager to take advantage of what was a surprisingly high value but legitimate coupon.

The Best Buy Facebook page has been awash with complaints over the last two days that store personnel treated well-meaning couponers like thievers and scammers when they went to use their coupon.

One customer, for example, wrote:

"I called BB's customer relation dept. based on that manager's suggestion, but their attitude was terrible too. Excepting admitting their mistake and saying sorry, they did not try to make any remedy. They even suggest[ed] in the future I'd better call Best Buy to verify any offers or promotions coming from them before I go to local store. This sounds ridiculous and even their employees are not confident about keeping what their offer promise[s]. I am afraid that I have to stay away from them."

If you tried to use the $50 off $100 Best Buy coupon, what was your experience like in store?  I'm curious to see if this episode of bait-and-switch behavior will drive customers away from the chain.

Share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Want more freebies and deals?  Follow me on Twitter, check out my boards on Pinterest, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.




Comments

  1. I have agree with the above comment and Best Buys attitude was too bad and that an e-mail was sent out on Tuesday a.m. They were rude and we laughing like they new something but did not want to disclose. That is fine I will take my business some where else and let all of my friends and family know about the riff off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called today and asked if I could use the coupon on a DVD/VHS tape player and the rep at my store said no. I asked if I could use it on a Paper Shredder and she said YES. I obviously didn't mean "Could I put the coupon IN a shredder." I wanted to buy a shredder with my coupon. When I show up to use my coupon, I wonder what they will say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Buy has had shotty customer service for years. Their return policy is one of the worse and the people there treat you pretty badly. They are expected to go under in the next few years because they keep driving customers away to other retailers like Amazon. After a bad experience trying to return a GPS device I got for my mom a few years ago I haven't stepped back in the place and the the 50 off 100 coupon didn't even entice me because I knew it would be a hassle. I sure hope some get their discount without too much of a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My local Best Buy blamed it on Mastercard, "Mastercard retracted the coupon offer yesterday" - that was on Wed. 1-23/13

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment