Arlan's Market Canceling Double Coupons February 1, 2013

I've received confirmation from the Facebook rep of the Arlan's Market grocery store chain that the double and triple coupon program will be discontinued beginning February 1, 2013.

Here's the email I got from Arlan's regarding this change:

Dear Jennifer,I am very sorry to disapoint (sic) you, but we are in fact canceling the double and triple coupon program on Febuary first. We started it on a trial basis in the Hill country and Austin stores, but realized that it wasn't working for us. Doubling and tripling coupons is a very expensive program and with the recent "extreme couponing" trend and the counterfit (sic) internet coupons, it really started to make for a big loss for us. 
Again I apologize that we have to do this, but be on the look out for other promotions and pricing programs soon. 
Thank you for your business and feel free to contact us with any other concerns at any time.
Something tells me the decision to cancel double coupons has more to do with the new HEB coupon policy than it does with a TV show that's been on the air for several years, but perhaps I'm just being cynical.

Will you continue to shop Arlan's Market once the double coupon policy is gone?  And do you think I should continue recapping the Arlan's Market ads going forward?

Share your thoughts in the comments section below, or reach out to Arlan's Market via Facebook.

Want more freebies and deals? Follow me on Twitter, check out my boards on Pinterest, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.

Comments

  1. Glad you were able to find out the facts bc sometimes cashiers can say things without knowing facts. Sad but I probably won't shop there unless there is a good deal with a coupon. I also don't know what they are talking about with the counterfeit internet coupons ... They never took printed ones so how could that be one of their reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will only shop there when things are on sale for less than I can get anywhere else. Which is what I do now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats going on w HEB?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so far and few in between in most cases not worth the drive to their store unless it's an extremely good deal or are in the neighborhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll continue to shop there because my dad is a store manager at one. :-) I've only shopped for the sale items that were cheaper than HEB prices anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment