Mall Shopping Haul: Spent $5.57, Saved $20.83

Here's a cute little Christmas gift idea I put together with my $15 off Express coupon and my free Bath & Body Works candle coupon at the mall today!

If I had paid full-price for everything shown in the photo, it would have cost me $26.40 before tax.

Instead, after coupons my cost was $5.57 -- tax included!

Here's how the math breaks down:

  • Express pearlized wristlet: priced at $15.90.  I used my $15 off coupon and paid 97 cents with tax.  Side note -- the manager rang me up and said, "You wouldn't believe how many people have come in and bought these today!"  I played dumb and was all, "Oh, really?" lol
  • Bath & Body Works mini candles -- originally priced at $3.50 each.  The Hot Buttered Rum and Frosted Cupcake candles were on a 2 for $5 sale, while the Salted Caramel candle was 50% off, so that rang in at $1.75.  My free candle coupon actually attached to one of the $2.50 candles, so my final price was $4.60 for all three, including tax.
So the combined total for all 4 items I bought was $5.57 including tax -- or just $1.39 per item.  That's roughly 80% off the original price!

And I think this would make a very nice gift for a teacher or co-worker, or to take to any white elephant events during the holiday season.

Have you already started doing your holiday shopping?  What sort of gift ideas are you putting together?  I'd love to hear your tips and suggestions in the comments section.

Want more freebies and deals?  Follow me on Twitter, check out my boards on Pinterest, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.


Comments

  1. Great deals! Thanks for sharing

    Jerome from Madame Deals
    http://madamedeals.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment