CVS Shopping Haul: Spent $1.86 for 9 Items!

I had a terrific little run to CVS this afternoon and scored $11.62 worth of soaps and snacks for just $1.86 out of pocket.


Better yet, I didn't spend any Extra Bucks to pay for the stash -- which means with the right mix of coupons, you can get the same goodies I got!



First things first: when you go to CVS, make sure to scan your Extra Care card at the CVS coupon center.


I scan my card every time I go, and I probably get free stuff at least once a week this way.  Today, the CVS coupon center printed a coupon for $2 off any 2 bar soaps, which made for free soap, along with a coupon for $2 off any bottle of CVS body wash!


So here's what I bought:

  • 2 bars of Yardley soap -- on sale for 69 cents each, so a combined total of $1.38.
  • 1 bottle of CVS vanilla body wash -- regular price of $2.37.
  • 4 three-pack boxes of Quaker granola bars -- on sale for 83 cents each this week, so a combined total of $3.32.
  • 2 Ritz Bitz Snack Paks -- also on sale for 83 cents each this week, so a combined total of $1.66.
And here are the coupons I used:
  • my CVS coupon for $2 off 2 bars of soap -- which took the whole $2 off, meaning I got both bars for free, plus 62 cents in overage towards the rest of my transaction!
  • my CVS coupon for $2 off body wash, which dropped my price for that down to just 37 cents.
  • two $1 off 2 Quaker coupons, which meant my four boxes were $1.32 total, or just 33 cents per box.
  • a $1 off 2 Nabisco coupon, which meant my Ritz Bitz were also 33 cents per cup.
So my final total, including my 11 cents in tax, was just $1.86!  So that was a savings of well over 80% off my original prices -- and a smidge under 21 cents per item.

What kind of goodies and deals have you scored at CVS this week?  Share your deals in the comments section below.

Click here to see all the current CVS freebies and deals.

Want more freebies and deals? Go back to the front page, follow me on Twitter, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.


Comments