And yes, Dollar General stores are open on Easter Sunday this year!
If you plan to become a regular couponer at Dollar General, I strongly recommend building a personal relationship with your store's general manager so the cashiers don't freak out at the sight of your coupon binder.
Bringing a copy of the Dollar General coupon policy is always a smart idea too! The policy updated back in December 2014, so you might need to print yourself a new copy.
Best deals in the 3/27 Dollar General ad
- Glade Aerosol Air Freshener -- on sale for $1 each. Use the 55 cents off coupon from the 3/20 Smartsource insert and get yours for 45 cents.
- Bumble Bee® Tuna Salad Kits -- on sale for $1 per carton. Buy two and use the $1 off 2 coupon from the 1/31 Smartsource insert (expires 3/31). You'll pay $1 for two cartons, or 50 cents apiece!
- Lance Cracker Sandwiches -- 6-count packs on sale for $1 each. Buy two and use this $1 off 2 coupon. Your new price drops to $1 for both, or 50 cents each!
- Suave Professionals Gold Hair Care -- priced at $3 per bottle. Use the $1.50 off coupon from the 3/20 Red Plum insert. Pay $1.50 out of pocket, then submit for this $1 off SavingStar rebate (while supplies last). Your final price falls to just 50 cents!
- Knorr® Rice or Pasta Sides -- on sale for $1 per bag. Buy three for $3, then use the 50 cents off 3 coupon from the 3/20 Red Plum insert. You'll pay $2.50 out of pocket, and then you can submit for the 50 cents off 3 SavingStar rebate (while supplies last.) Your final price drops to $2 for all three bags, or 67 cents apiece!
- Suave® Body Wash -- on sale for $2 per 18 oz bonus bottle. Buy two and use the BOGO coupon from the 3/20 Red Plum insert. You'll pay $2 out of pocket, and then you can submit for this 50 cents off SavingStar rebate (while supplies last). So your final price is $1.50 for two, or 75 cents each! NOTE: There is also a instant discount offer in store for $2 off your purchase when you buy $8 or more on any Suave products. However, in my experience, the DG register wigs out when you try to use a coupon with these instant discounts (even though you should be able to per the corporate coupon policy.) And also ime, virtually all Dollar General cashiers just go by what the register does, not by what the policy says. So IF you have the time/patience to argue for a deal, you could also try the following: Buy four bottles for $8, then use two BOGO coupons plus receive your $2 instant discount. You'd pay $2 out of pocket for all four bottles, and then you can still submit for your 50 cents off SavingStar rebate. So the final price in that scenario would be $1.50 for four bottles, or around 38 cents each!
- Clover Valley® White Bread -- on sale for $1 per loaf.
- Crush®, Mtn Dew® Code Red® , Voltage or Sierra Mist -- on sale for $1 per 2-liter bottle.
- Kellogg's Eggo Waffles -- on sale for $2 per box. Use this $1 off coupon (points required) and pay a buck for yours. NOTE: If you aren't signed up to collect Kellogg's Family Rewards points yet, it's a free program -- go here to sign up.
- Ore Ida® Frozen Potatoes -- 24 oz bags on sale for $2 each. Buy two for $4 and use the $1 off 2 coupon from the 2/14 Red Plum insert. That knocks your price down to $1.50 per bag.
- Nestle Stand-Up Candy Pouches -- on sale for $2.50 apiece. Use the 50 cents off coupon from the 1/3 Smartsource insert and grab yours for two bucks instead.
- Purina® Beggin' Strips® -- on sale for $3 per bag. Buy two bags for $6, then use the $1.50 off 2 coupon from the 1/31 Red Plum insert (expires 3/31.) Your new price drops to $2.25 per bag.
- Armor All® Original, Protectant, Cleaning or Orange Wipes -- on sale for $3.75 per canister (normally $4.50 apiece.) Buy two and use this $1.50 off 2 coupon (sort by Household to find it fast.) Your price falls to $3 apiece!
- Charmin® Basic® Bath Tissue 20 Double Roll Packs -- on sale for $8.95, with a $5 off coupon printing on your receipt when you spend $15 or more on select P&G products (note that your $15 spend must be AFTER coupons.) So buy two for a pre-coupon price of $17.90, then use two of this 25 cents off coupon (sort by Household to find it fast.) You'll pay $17.40 out of pocket for both big packs, and then you'll still receive that $5 coupon on your receipt to use on your next purchase. So that's like a final price of $12.40 for both, or $6.20 per pack. That works out to just 16 cents per regular sized roll!