DSW Shopping Haul: Spent $42.97, Saved $258.07!


I just wanted to show everyone the great deal I scored at DSW today with my discounted gift card from HEB!

I paid a final price of just $42.97 for this beautiful leather bag from Splendid and a new pair of Blowfish flats, and saved an extraordinary $258.07 off original retail!

So that's a savings of nearly 85% off original price!


First things first: I swung into HEB on my way to DSW, and picked up my $50 gift card for just $40 out of pocket.  If you're not familiar with that deal, go here for the breakdown -- it's available through December 20, 2015!

I immediately spotted the Splendid leather bag as soon as I got through the doors at DSW.

The original price for the bag was $268, but it was marked down to 70% off $129.94!

That meant the price before coupons was just $38.98!



Even though I just bought a $30 Ralph Lauren tote right before Thanksgiving, I couldn't pass up that deal.  I'm a total sucker for color-blocking.

I also snagged a pair of Blowfish memory foam flats, which weren't on sale but cost only $29.95.


So here's how the math worked out:

  • Splendid Leather Color-Block Bag -- on sale for $38.98.
  • Blowfish Flats -- priced at $29.95.
  • So together they were $68.93 before tax.
  • I used a $20 off $49 DSW coupon to knock my price down to $48.93 before tax (if you aren't a DSW Rewards member yet, you should go here to sign up.  They send you coupons all the time plus freebies for your birthday!)
  • After tax, my total was $52.97.
  • So I used my $50 gift card (remember, it only cost me $40) plus paid the difference of $2.97.
  • That's a total price out of pocket of just $42.97!

Remember to go grab your discounted gift card from HEB if you're interested in duplicating this deal.  (Also, for those who are interested, I spotted more of those Ralph Lauren totes at the Rim in San Antonio.)

Comments