Readers in my Saving Pennies Nickels Dimes and Dollars coupon group know that I have been raking in some AWESOME coupons in my mail the past couple of weeks.
Well, DSW sent me not one but two coupons in the mail recently -- a $10 coupon from my DSW Rewards card, AND a $20 off $49 coupon.
And better still, at DSW you can stack both types of coupons in the same transaction for additional savings!
So here's the breakdown on what I bought:
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Swanfield Leather Tote -- originally priced at $198, but marked down to to 50% off $99.94. So that's $49.97, or 75% off original retail price even before coupons!
- Rocket Dog Jiggy Ballet Flats -- priced at $34.95.
- So before coupons, both items were $84.92.
- I used my $10 Rewards coupon first to knock my price down to $74.92.
- Next, my cashier scanned my $20 off $49 coupon, which popped me down to $54.92 for both items -- or $59.45 after tax.
- That's less than $30 per item!
Now, if I had really stuck to my guns and just bought the tote like I planned, I would have paid only $19.97 plus tax after stacked coupons.
But seriously, those Rocket Dog flats are hands-down the most comfortable shoes I have EVER tried on. I couldn't pass them up, even though they put me over my planned purchase limit!
Don't have any DSW coupons in your collection? You still might want to shop this weekend -- through November 22, DSW Rewards members who spend $75 or more will earn $20 back in Rewards to use starting December 7!
So if you snag both of these items without coupons, you'll pay $84.92, and then get $20 back to use on a later purchase. That's like a final price of $64.92, which is still an excellent deal!