Here are the best deals I spotted in the Dollar General ad for April 12 - 18, 2015.
If you plan to become a regular couponer here, I strongly recommend building a personal relationship with your store's general manager so the cashiers don't freak out at the sight of your coupon binder.
Bringing a copy of the Dollar General coupon policy is always a smart idea too! The policy updated in December 2014, so you might need to print yourself a new copy.
Best deals in the 4/12 Dollar General ad
- Save $2 off $10 or more -- this coupon is available to use Sunday, April 12 through Tuesday, April 14 only! Go here for more details.
- Spend $25 or more, Get $5 Off -- good on Saturday, April 18 only. Go here for a printable coupon, or text 5OFF to 34898 to receive a mobile coupon.
- Mtn Dew® Kickstart -- on sale for $1 per can. Buy two and use this DG BOGO digital coupon. Your price falls to $1 for both, or 50 cents each! NOTE: If you aren't familiar with Dollar General digital coupons, I have a complete how-to guide here for you!
- Kleenex® Facial Tissue -- on sale for $2 per box. Use this $1 off coupon (registration required) and pay a dollar for yours.
- Canada Dry®, Sunkist®, 7Up®, A&W®, Sun Drop®, or Dr Pepper® -- 2-liter soda bottles on sale 3 for $3. So that's like $1 per bottle! Must buy in quantities of 3 to receive discount.
- Clover Valley® White Bread -- on sale for $1 per loaf.
- Aim® or Pepsodent® Toothpaste -- on sale for $1 per tube.
- Keebler® Cookies -- Vienna Fingers®, Pecan Sandies®, Pitter Patter™ or Soft Batch® all on sale for $2 per bag. Use this $1 off coupon (points required) and get yours for just a buck!
- TRESemmé® Shampoo or Conditioner -- on sale for $3.50 per bottle. Use the $2 off coupon from the 3/22 Red Plum insert and get yours for just $1.50 instead.
- Clorox® Fragranzia® Multi-Purpose Cleaner -- on sale for $1.50 per bottle.
- Zest Body Wash -- on sale for $2.75 per bottle. Use the 50 cents off coupon from the 3/29 Smartsource insert and pay $2.25 for yours.
- Purex® Liquid Fabric Softener or Liquid Laundry Detergent -- on sale for $3.50 per bottle.
- Dreyer's® Grand Ice Cream -- on sale for $3.50 per container.
- Pet Armor® Flea & Tick for Dogs -- on sale for $6 per box.
- Pampers® Baby Dry Jumbo Diapers -- on sale for $10 per pack. Use this $3 off DG digital coupon and pay $7 for yours.
- Yellow Dot Spring Fashions For the Family -- on BOGO sale, with original prices ranging from $4 to $15 each.
And here's just one easy deal scenario that I am considering snagging:
- Buy two bottles of TRESemmé® Shampoo or Conditioner and three 2-liters of Canada Dry®, Sunkist®, 7Up®, A&W®, Sun Drop®, or Dr Pepper® for a pre-coupon price of $10.
- Use the $2 off $10 Dollar General coupon to drop your price to $8.
- Next, give two $2 off TRESemmé® coupons from the 3/22 Red Plum insert.
- Your final price will be $4 for all five items, or just 80 cents each!