Walgreens Balance Rewards Program Goes Live September 16, 2012

It's official -- shoppers will be able to begin signing up for the new Walgreens Balance Rewards program online starting September 2, 2012 -- and the cards will be live to use in store starting September 16, 2012!

If you haven't heard about the Walgreens Balance Rewards program, it's a new card-based loyalty program that Walgreens will run alongside their popular Register Rewards program.



You'll get points just for buying whatever you normally buy at Walgreens -- and as the points add up, you can spend them on virtually anything you'd like in the store.

In addition, points are good for up to three years, assuming you use your free Walgreens Balance Rewards card in store at least once every six months.  

That's good for shoppers who worry about losing their Register Rewards (um, like me!)

In addition, you can earn extra points by participating in the Walk with Walgreens program or by doing other healthy activities, like getting your immunization shots.

Now, I haven't found anything yet that shows how many points we'll earn per each dollar spent, but so far this sounds like a very promising program!

Here's where we'll go to sign up online beginning September 2: Walgreens.com/Balance

Are you getting more excited about Balance Rewards, or are you still feeling antsy about the change? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Want more freebies and deals? Go back to the front page, follow me on Twitter, or keep up with all the action on Facebook. 


Comments

  1. I'm glad that it's in addition to the register rewards not instead of them.

    PS I love the new look of your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter works for wags and they rolled out the program to them yesterday. She said its $1 = 100 points. So it will take $50 to earn 5000 for redemption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I signup in the store? Or do I have to do it online? If I do it online, I am afraid it will take awhile for them to send the card to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can indeed sign up in the store now that the program has gone live!

      Delete

Post a Comment