Now, this is a story I never thought I would be writing -- but it will really pay off for Walgreens bargain hunters to take their parents shopping at Walgreens in July.
Starting Sunday, July 1, AARP members can show their membership card at checkout, and get $3 back on any purchase of $10 or more in Walgreens brand products.
So that's a 30% savings off store-brand products, even without any sales or other discounts. And of course, you know I've got some additional discounts I've tracked down for us!
It just so happens that Walgreens has a bunch of their store brand products on sale for the 4th of July shopping week, so AARP members can stack their discount to save up to 70% on their purchases.
Here are a couple of really sweet deals I spotted:
- W brand aluminum foil -- 25 square-foot box on sale for 79 cents each with in-ad Walgreens coupon. Limit 3 per transaction.
- W tableware items -- priced at $1.29 each or 5 for $5. Includes plastic utensils, plastic storage bags, paper plates, and more.
- W 6-blade razor system -- on sale for $3.99, with $2 back in Register Rewards. So your price falls to just $1.99.
- Wal-itin allergy relief -- 20-count box on sale for $5.99, with $2 back in Register Rewards. So your price drops to $3.99.
- Walgreens allergy, cold, or sinus relief -- on BOGO sale, no prices listed.
- W brand diapers, training pants, or baby wipes -- on BOGO 50% off sale, no prices listed.
If your parents or someone you know have an AARP card, here's the deal I personally would recommend:
- Buy the Wal-itin allergy relief, the razor system, and the W aluminium foil for a pre-tax price of $10.77.
- Show the AARP card at checkout to score your $3 Register Reward, plus the $4 in Register Rewards for the razor and allergy relief.
- So your final price drops to $3.77 for all three items -- which is like paying an individual price of $1.26 each.
AARP discounts change monthly, so if you, your parents, or someone you know can take advantage of this program, be sure to check back for new deals!