Walmart shoppers need manager approval for large coupon orders

Walmart shoppers may now need management approval on transactions with a large amount of coupons.  Walmart has tweaked the language in their coupon policy to require manager approval in the following sorts of transactions:

  • a transaction with more than 40 coupons;
  • a transaction with more than $50 worth of coupons;
  • any coupon with a value above $20.
The Walmart coupon policy also specifically states that there's no maximum amount of coupons used per transaction -- so you should no longer need to split up your transactions, unless there's a limit placed on the coupon itself.  For example, all P&G coupons specifically state that you can only use 4 coupons per identical item per transaction.
In order to cut down on frustration at checkout, I recommend finding your Walmart CSM (customer service manager) before getting in line, to let them know you'll be needing their assistance at the end of your large couponing transaction.  It's also a good opportunity to get your CSM's advice on which cashier to use -- preferably someone who won't be freaked out by the sight of a coupon binder.




Want more freebies and deals?  Follow me on Twitter, check out my boards on Pinterest, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.

Comments

  1. I stopped shopping there just because the coupon policy is so tough, and the cashiers act like nazis when it comes to using them. No amount of complaining to the corporate office helped for store #1965. I voted with my feet and shop elsewhere! I used to stop at ours every day, too. They lost some business, my sisters stopped, too and I have 5 and 3 brothers whose wives stopped going there, too. Total of 8 people over 15 cent coupons. I wonder if it is worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walmart sucks. They lost my business because of the coupon policy, the cashier's making up policies as they are pleased

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment