Planning to go hit up Dollar General on Saturday, May 14 to use the $5 off $25 store coupon?
Here's a HOT deal scenario to consider if you have the right mix of coupons.
- Trueliving® Charcoal -- 7.7 lb bags on sale for $4 each, plus on a BOGO sale. Remember that your coupon is for your purchase AFTER Dollar General discounts, so you'll want to get a few of these.
- Clover Valley® Bottled Water -- 24-count packs on sale for $2.50 each.
- Skintimate® Shave Gel -- on sale for $3 per can.
- Buy four bags of charcoal, four cases of bottled water, and four cans of shave gel for a pre-coupon, pre-sale price of $38.
- You'll automatically receive $8 off your purchase when the cashier hits TOTAL for the BOGO sale on the charcoal.
- So that knocks your price down to $30.
- Next, give your $5 off $25 Dollar General coupon and four $1 off Skintimate coupons from the 5/8 Smartsource inserts.
- That takes another $9 off your purchase.
- So you'll pay $21 out of pocket for all 12 items, which works out to just $1.75 each.
- Plus, you can go here and submit for a FREE movie ticket courtesy of Skintimate (worth up to $10!)
FAIR WARNING: I think you need to be more mentally prepared for possible coupon issues at Dollar General than at any other national chain, especially when it comes to using the $5 off $25 weekly coupons.
In fact, I receive more emails and messages from readers about this weekly promotion than on any other topic -- and it is almost always because they are making mistakes #1 and #2 in these Six Common Mistakes That Cost Couponers Money.
So do your homework (in this case, that involves reading the fine print in the $5 off $25 DG coupon) and go ready to advocate for yourself at the register if necessary!
Never miss a deal again! Get daily sales alerts delivered to your email for free -- click here to join.