Target Shopping Haul: $1.34 After All Discounts!


Here's a quick little haul I grabbed at Target tonight using the new mobile coupon for a free $5 Target gift card when you buy $15 worth of personal care items (text CARE to 827438 to get yours if you haven't done it yet!)

After all discounts, I spent just $1.34 on all six items -- that's total, not per item!  So that works out to just 22 cents per item.

Here's how the math works out in case you want to grab this deal too:

  • Suave Body Wash -- assorted varieties priced at $2.69 each.  I bought four for a pre-coupon price of $10.76.
  • Colgate Enamel Health -- priced at $2.99.
  • Degree Deodorant -- priced at $2.47.
  • So all six items rang up at a pre-coupon price of $16.22.
  • First, I gave my mobile coupon to get my free $5 Target gift card.
  • Next, I used two BOGO Suave coupons from the 9/27 Red Plum insert, this $2 off Colgate coupon (sort by Personal Care to find it fast) and a $1 off Degree coupon also from the 9/27 Red Plum insert.
  • Those four coupons took $8.38 off my total, which knocked my price down to $7,84.
  • I used a $5 Target gift card from a previous purchase, so my out of pocket price was just $2.84 for everything.  Plus I still have my new $5 Target gift card for next time.
  • I then submitted for a 50 cents SavingStar rebate on Suave body wash, and a $1 SavingStar rebate on Degree deodorant (both only one rebate allowed per app.)
  • That knocked my final price down to $1.34 for all six items, or 22 cents apiece!
The Target mobile coupon is good through October 10, so you have all week to put together deals.  I would love to hear what kind of hauls you put together in the comments!

Comments