Here's a quick little haul I grabbed at Target tonight using the new mobile coupon for a free $5 Target gift card when you buy $15 worth of personal care items (text CARE to 827438 to get yours if you haven't done it yet!)
After all discounts, I spent just $1.34 on all six items -- that's total, not per item! So that works out to just 22 cents per item.
Here's how the math works out in case you want to grab this deal too:
- Suave Body Wash -- assorted varieties priced at $2.69 each. I bought four for a pre-coupon price of $10.76.
- Colgate Enamel Health -- priced at $2.99.
- Degree Deodorant -- priced at $2.47.
- So all six items rang up at a pre-coupon price of $16.22.
- First, I gave my mobile coupon to get my free $5 Target gift card.
- Next, I used two BOGO Suave coupons from the 9/27 Red Plum insert, this $2 off Colgate coupon (sort by Personal Care to find it fast) and a $1 off Degree coupon also from the 9/27 Red Plum insert.
- Those four coupons took $8.38 off my total, which knocked my price down to $7,84.
- I used a $5 Target gift card from a previous purchase, so my out of pocket price was just $2.84 for everything. Plus I still have my new $5 Target gift card for next time.
- I then submitted for a 50 cents SavingStar rebate on Suave body wash, and a $1 SavingStar rebate on Degree deodorant (both only one rebate allowed per app.)
- That knocked my final price down to $1.34 for all six items, or 22 cents apiece!
The Target mobile coupon is good through October 10, so you have all week to put together deals. I would love to hear what kind of hauls you put together in the comments!