Walmart Shopping Haul: Final Price Of $2.40 For 32 Items!

I went to Walmart this afternoon to test the Checkout 51 rebate I told everyone about, and had a marvelous time shopping the travel and trial size section!

After all discounts, I paid just $2.40 to purchase all 32 items seen in the photos (cats not included.)

That's just 8 cents per item!

Here's how the math worked out:

What I Bought:

  • Premier Protein Shakes -- two 4-count packs priced at $7.62 apiece.
  • Dove Men + Care Hair & Body Wash -- six trial size bottles for $1.47 each.
  • Dove Bar Soap -- four trial size boxes priced at 97 cents each.
  • Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo -- 10 trial size bottles priced at 97 cents each.
  • Dove Body Wash -- 10 trial size bottles priced at $1.47 each.
My pre-coupon total was $55.40, and I used two $4 off Premier Protein coupons from the 4/12 Smartsource insert (this was a regional coupon, so not everyone will have received it.)

So I spent $47.40 out of pocket, and then I submitted for the following rebates from Checkout 51:

That was a whopping $45 back on Checkout 51 once all of my rebates process!  (If you're new to the app, most offers take about 24 hours or so to get your money back into your account.)

So after my $45 in rebates, my final price was just $2.40 for everything!

NOTE: The reason I didn't maximize all 10 Checkout 51 rebates per Dove offer was that I would have had to clear shelves to make that happen.

So I bought as much as I could while still leaving some on the shelves for other shoppers (or readers!) who want to do the deal too.

But that means I can still potentially get another $15 back in rebates if I hit up another Walmart to buy my remaining Dove Beauty Bars and Men + Care items!

Comments