Remember that all of the current week's deals are still also running -- you can check out a complete recap here.
And as always, I recommend making sure you have an up to date copy of the Dollar General coupon policy either printed in your coupon binder or saved in your phone. It's very useful to have that on hand, just in case your cashier has questions about any of your deals.
Best deals in the 4/16 Dollar General ad
- Spend $25 or more, Get $5 Off -- good on Saturday, April 18 only. Go here for a printable coupon, or text 5OFF to 34898 to receive a mobile coupon.
- Betty Crocker® Hamburger Helper® -- on sale for 90 cents per box. Buy three boxes for a pre-coupon price of $2.70. Use three 50 cents off coupons from the 3/1 Smartsource insert to drop your price down to $1.20. Next, submit for the $1 off 3 SavingStar rebate. Your final price drops to 20 cents for all three boxes, or just 7 cents each!
- Clover Valley® Chunk Light Tuna -- on sale 2 cans for $1. So that's just 50 cents each! Must pay in quantities of two to receive discount.
- Powerade® -- 32 oz bottles on sale for 65 cents each.
- Kellogg's® Cereal Frosted Mini-Wheats® -- on sale for $2 per box. Use this $1 off coupon (points required) and pay a buck for yours.
- Armour® Hot Dogs -- on sale for $1 per pack.
- Clover Valley® Premium Chunk Chicken -- 10 oz cans on sale 2 for $3, which works out to $1.50 per can. Must buy in quantities of two to receive discount.
- Clover Valley® Water -- 24-count pack on sale for $2.50 each.
- Xtra® Liquid Laundry Detergent -- 96-load bottles on sale for $3.50 each. That works out to less than four cents per load!
- Brawny® Paper Towels -- 6-count pack on sale for $4.75 each. Use this $1 off coupon and pay $3.75 for yours.
Here's a suggested deal scenario for you, good on Saturday, April 18 ONLY:
- Buy two 24-count packs of Clover Valley Water, two bottles of Xtra Liquid Laundry Detergent, two 6-count packs of Brawny Paper Towels. three boxes of Hamburger Helper, and two cans of Clover Valley Tuna, for a pre-coupon price of $25.20.
- Give the $5 off $25 Dollar General coupon FIRST to knock your price down to $20.20.
- Next, give three of the 50 cents off Hamburger Helper coupons from the 3/1 Smartsource inserts, along with two of the $1 off Brawny coupons.
- You'll pay $16.70 out of pocket for all 11 items.
- Next, submit for the $1 off 3 SavingStar rebate good on Hamburger Helper.
- Your final price drops to $15.70 for everything! That's a terrific deal, considering it would cost you up to $35.95 to pay full price for all 11 items.