If you've been wanting to try the new Amazon Prime Pantry service for grocery shopping, now's the time -- for a limited time, you can get free shipping when you purchase five select PepsiCo products, plus snag a free Super Bowl tumbler!
This is a pretty good deal, since normally Prime Pantry is a flat $5.99 shipping charge per box. And the Super Bowl collectible tumbler is a $14.99 value.
Plus, quite a few of the PepsiCo prices as part of the promotion are around the same or lower than you'd find in grocery stores!
Note, though, that you do need to have an Amazon Prime subscription in order to use Prime Pantry. If you don't have a subscription, you can go here to sign up for a free 30-day trial.
Just be aware that a full year of Prime is $99, so either make a point of canceling your subscription at the end of your trial, or be ready for that charge on your credit card! (I use my Prime membership at least weekly, so for me that price evens out across the cost of the year.)
Here are a couple of the highlights and great deals I spotted currently available, plus some tips on how to use the Amazon Prime Pantry program:
Free Shipping with Select PepsiCo Pantry Items
- Stacy's Pita Chips -- priced at $2.50 per bag on Amazon, as opposed to around $2.78 per bag at Walmart.
- Pepsi -- priced at $3 per 12-pack on Amazon. Soda prices can really vary from store to store depending on weekly sales, but buying a 12-pack that's NOT on sale at the grocery store can be up to $4.37 per 12-pack!
- Doritos Cool Ranch -- priced at $2.50 per bag on Amazon, as opposed to around $2.98 per bag at Walmart.
- Starbucks Double Shot Espresso Light -- priced at $5.48 per 4-pack. This is the item I personally was most excited about, as I love this coffee and it's super hard to find in stores locally. If you do spot it, it's usually for $1.75 per can at gas stations!
What else you should know about Amazon Prime Pantry
Each Amazon Prime Pantry box holds up to 45 pounds of groceries -- so once you hit your five PepsiCo products to trigger free shipping, you can fill in with anything else you like in the Pantry section.
And each item you buy will tell you the percentage it will fill up in your box. For example, a 12-pack of soda takes up 23.5% of a single box, but a bag of pita chips only takes up 3.2%. So you can play with it to get the most items possible in a single box -- think of it like Tetris for couponers!
Amazon Prime Pantry has coupons!
The other key to know about Amazon Prime Pantry is that there are clippable coupons available for select items. They typically are only good on a single item, so you can't buy 10 items and use the coupon 10 times.
You'll be able to tell which Prime Pantry items have coupons, because it will be listed below the price and reviews. For example, in this photo, you can see that Pampers Swaddlers currently have a $2 off clippable coupon.
The coupon discount will NOT show up in your cart until you go to checkout, so keep that in mind as you're building your Prime Pantry box!
I did find a couple of super cheap or even FREE items available to add to my Prime Pantry box:
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Exfoliating Wet Cleansing Cloths, 30 Count -- priced at $2.59 per pack, with a $3 off coupon available to clip! So free! NOTE: It doesn't look like Amazon is applying overage on coupons to the rest of your transaction, so this wasn't a money-maker for me.
- Pantene Pro-V Curly Hair Style Curl Enhancing Spray Hair Gel -- priced at $1.35 per bottle. There was a $6 off 3 coupon to clip yesterday (I can't tell if it's still there, because Amazon coupons disappear once you use them.) So I got three for free!
- Clear Men Scalp Therapy 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner -- priced at 79 cents per 12.6 oz bottle, no coupon needed!
I'd be happy to start monitoring Amazon Prime Pantry deals and doing posts when I see items at or below the prices they'd be in grocery stores, if folks are interested. Let me know in the comments section!
Also, if you're interested in seeing what I bought for my first Amazon Prime Pantry purchase, I can post that separately -- so let me know about that as well.