If you plan to become a regular couponer here, I strongly recommend building a personal relationship with your store's general manager so the cashiers don't freak out at the sight of your coupon binder.
Bringing a copy of the Dollar General coupon policy is always a smart idea too!
Best deals in the 12/28 Dollar General ad
- Friskies Wet Cat Food -- on sale for 50 cents per can.
- Hunt's Pasta Sauce or Ketchup -- on sale for 95 cents each.
- Ivory Bar Soap 3-Count Packs or Body Wash -- on sale for $1 each.
- Speed Stick or Lady Speed Stick -- on sale for $1 each.
- Clover Valley Oatmeal -- on sale for $1 per box.
- Rubbermaid Takealongs -- on sale for $2 each. Use the $1 digital coupon and pay a buck for yours. If you're not familiar with the Dollar General digital coupon program, go here for my how-to guide!
- Dr. Pepper 2-Liters -- on sale 3 for $3. Must buy in quantities of $3 to receive your discount.
- Rotel or Manwich -- on sale for $1 per can.
- General Mills® Cereal Trix®, Honey Nut Cheerios®, Cinnamon Toast Crunch®, or Cocoa Puffs® -- on sale for $3 per box, plus on a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. So buy three boxes for $6, then use the $1 off 3 coupon from the 12/7 Smartsource insert. Your new price drops to 3 for $5, or $1.67 per box.
- Tide Liquid Laundry Detergent -- 40 oz bottles on sale for $3.95 each. Use the $2 off coupon from the 12/28 P&G insert, and pay $1.95 for yours!
- Gain Flings or Tide Pods -- 14-count packs on sale for $3.95 each. Use the $2 off coupons from either the 11/16 or the 12/14 Red Plum inserts (expires 12/31) and pay $1.95 for yours. Also remember there's a $10 off $30 SavingStar rebate on Tide Pods that's available through 12/31 as well.
- Sara Lee or Nature's Own Bread -- on sale for $2 per loaf.