How I Updated My Spring Wardrobe For 90 Cents Out Of Pocket

Looking to update your wardrobe for spring, but don't want to spend a wad of cash in the process?

I just freshened up my spring clothes with a whopping 10 new tops, blouses, and sweaters -- and I paid just 90 cents out of pocket for everything!

Yep, I now have a new spring wardrobe to pair with my basic jeans, skirts, and trousers for 9 cents per top.

Here's how I did it:

I cashed in my store credits at ThredUP!

If you're not familiar with ThredUP, it's a site devoted to 'practically new and amazingly awesome' clothing for women and kids.

You can purchase clothing pieces from top name brands at up to 90% off retail!  Prices start as low as $2.99 per item in the kids' section, and $3.99 and up for women.  

In my shipment, I picked out pieces from some of my favorite labels, including Anne Klein, Talbots, NY & Co, Elle, and others.  

Other brands I see available frequently include GAP, J. Crew, and even high-end designers like Dolce & Gabbana and Georgio Armani.

Some pieces they sell even still have the tags on!

How do you earn ThredUP store credit?

There are several ways to shop for free or practically free, like I did.  First, you can send in some of your gently used clothes or kids' clothes that you won't wear again.

ThredUP will either pay you in cash for your pieces, or you can get paid in store credit.

Secondly, you can refer friends and family members to the site, which is what I did!  Each ThredUP member receives a personalized referral link, and when someone you referred makes a purchase, you receive $10 in shopping credit to shop too!

My 10 pieces that I picked out would have cost me $50.90 shipped without my store credit, so clearly it's worth taking an hour or two and referring friends and family to the site.

Finally, new members can start shopping with $10 in free credit, good on anything they like on the site.  And my favorite tip: ThredUP credit can also be used towards shipping costs, which means $10 can get you at LEAST one piece shipped to your house totally free.

You can score your $10 in free ThredUP credit here.

If you have any other re-sale sites you like to shop for your family's clothing, please leave the link in the comments section below!

Comments