CVS Shopping Haul: Free Diet Coke 12-Packs After Coupons & Extra Bucks

I had one of my favorite shopping hauls ever last night -- between coupons, Extra Bucks, and a little bit of luck, I picked up all NINE 12-packs of Diet Coke you see here for nothing out of pocket at CVS!

That's right, free.  Totally free.  Not one thin red dime of my money went to buy these.

Here's how I did it:

Through Saturday, January 11, CVS is running Coke products on two combined sales: 12-packs are on sale 3 for $10, and when you spend $30 or more on Coke products, you'll earn a $10 Extra Bucks reward!

Plus, I had a whopping five coupons for a free 12-pack from last month's My Coke Rewards offer, $4 in pre-existing Extra Bucks to use, and a $10 CVS gift card I got for the holidays.

So here's how my trip worked out:

Transaction #1: 

  • I bought 3 12-packs for $10, and used three of my free 12-pack coupons.
  • All three were free -- I didn't even have to pay tax on my soda!
Transaction #2:
  • I bought the other 6 12-packs for $20.
  • After my remaining two free 12-pack coupons, and my $4 in Extra Bucks, my final price fell to $10.11.
  • I handed over my $10 CVS gift card, and went to dig in my purse for change.  Then my lovely, wonderful CVS cashier told me not to worry about it, and went and got 11 cents out of her own pocket to complete the transaction! 
  • So I used my $10 gift card, and then got $10 in Extra Bucks right back.  All six were free!
The moral of the story: be super nice to your cashiers, and they will take care of you when they can.

I am going back tomorrow to roll that $10 in Extra Bucks into this week's hot Slim-Fast deal!


Comments