Help Little Man Get Home!

This is not coupon-related in the slightest, but I am reaching out to all my local readers to help a lost cat I found last night.

A very sweet and very skinny orange cat came up to me in the parking lot of Bluebonnet Bunk 'n Biscuit in Selma last night.



He is friendly, was super-hungry, and had a big gash on the base of his tail that makes me think he was on the losing end of a cat-fight recently!

Bluebonnet Bunk 'n Biscuit was kind enough to board him last night until I could get him to my vet today to scan for a microchip.

Turns out, this sweet little guy DOES have a microchip -- but the registration traces to a woman who now lives in Indiana.  She told my vet that she had left the cat behind with her ex when she moved, and refused to give out the ex's contact information.

Since I am not the kitty's legal owner, I was not allowed to approve vaccinations so he could continue to be boarded with either Bluebonnet or at my vet.

I had to take him to Selma Animal Control to let them try to find his legal owner -- and if they can't, I can claim him on Monday and attempt to rehome him at that point.

So here's what I know about him:

  • young male orange stripey cat -- my vet estimates he's between 1 year and 18 months
  • 8 pounds right now but clearly underweight
  • neutered
  • very friendly -- loved all over the vet, me, and even the Selma Animal Control officer!
  • litter-box trained
  • the name on his microchip was "Little Man" (which may have been his original shelter name)
If you know someone who is missing a cat that looks like "Little Man" or fits these descriptions, please have them call Selma Animal Control at (210) 651-6661 to claim this sweet boy.

Please share this photo and post with your friends on Facebook and Twitter and see if we can get this kitty home!

Comments