Shopping haul: Guess the amount of coupons used

UPDATE: This contest is now closed.  I used a total of just 39 coupons on this 100-item shopping haul.  Congrats to Cris G. who made the closest guess of 41 coupons!

In celebration of the blog hitting its one millionth page view this morning, I wanted to play a little game with all of the Spend Less, Shop More readers that have been so supportive over the last year!

Today I went to HEB and did a shopping haul on behalf of the San Antonio Food Bank.  My SO has a food drive going on this month, and I've been put in charge for the entire department.  Gee, I wonder why they wanted me to do that? *wink*


So here's the game:  I want you to guess how many coupons I used to purchase these donations.  Just leave a comment below with your name and your guess.  (Where it says, 'Comment As', there's a drop-down menu that you can use to select a profile.  Choose 'Name/URL' unless you have another one of those IDs.) It's that simple!

The winner will score a free $10 HEB gift card -- or if the winner doesn't live in San Antonio, he or she can choose from either a $10 CVS or $10 Target gift card.

I'll keep the contest open through 8am CST on Monday, March 26, and I'll announce the winner on Monday afternoon at 2pm over on the San Antonio Budget Grocery Facebook page.  That means if you're not a fan of the page, you won't know who won -- so you might want to like the page now if you haven't already.  *big smile*

If more than one of you guesses the correct amount of coupons I used on this shopping haul, I will put all the winners into a hat and pull a winner from the correct entries.  One guess per person or email address.

Here's a couple of tidbits to help you make your guess:

  • I bought everything from HEB, and I did use some HEB coupons that are part of the coupon total.  
  • Some of these deals have been highlighted in previous HEB sale recaps.
  • After coupons, I spent $51.16 on groceries that would have cost me a full $135.44 to buy without sales and coupons.  I bought a total of 100 items in this round of food drive shopping -- I still have several more trips to go!
Here are a couple close-up shots to help you make your guess:


 

Good luck with your guessing game, and thanks again for your support of Spend Less, Shop More -- I appreciate each and every one of you!

Want more freebies and deals?  Follow me on Twitter, check out my boards on Pinterest, or keep up with all the action on Facebook.  

Comments

  1. I say 65. Thanks for all your hard work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey KrippendorfMarch 24, 2012 at 9:55 PM

    I believe you used 47.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess 60. I'm ready to win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is 120---- because you are just that good at it! :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guess is 115 coupons!! I think you did a few double coupon meaning heb and manu!! :D
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY guess is 82 coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to go with 50!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I put in my name .lol well its cryatal!

      Delete
  8. I think you used 58 coupons

    ReplyDelete
  9. One Dollar, Bob! .......kidding

    Put me down for 41

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say 43 coupons :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say 45 coupons
    cardprincess(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  12. 111 angie aka balloongirl

    ReplyDelete
  13. My guess is 94

    ReplyDelete
  14. 61 kellie fuentes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment