Here are the best deals I spotted in the CVS ad for 3/4 - 3/10/12, including the first Easter freebie of 2012, a whopping 10 boxes of free cereal, and a whole lot more.
If you're new to shopping at CVS, check out my how-to post in the Couponing 101 section to get started, and be sure to snag a free Extra Care card from your cashier when you head into the store.
Plus, be sure you check out the new CVS coupon policy changes around BOGO deals -- knowing how to maximize these sales will save you even more money right off the bat.
Freebies in the CVS ad for 3/4
- Gold Emblem jelly beans -- on sale for 99 cents per bag, plus 99 cents back in Extra Bucks. Limit one bag per Extra Care card.
- Kellogg's cereal -- Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies cereal are on sale for $1.99 per box. Buy ten boxes and use two copies of the $5 off 5 Kellogg's coupon that came out a couple of weeks back (prints no longer available.) You'll pay $9.90 out of pocket, then can submit for the current $10 Kellogg's rebate. So all ten boxes will be free after coupons and rebate! I strongly recommend you place a special order with your CVS store manager if you're interested in doing this deal. *stockpile price*
- Softsoap bar soap -- 4-packs are on sale 2 for $7, with $5 back in Extra Bucks. Use two copies of the $1.50 off coupon from the 2/12 Smartsource (available to order at CouponDede) and pay $4, then get your $5 back in Extra Bucks. So it's a $1 money-maker!
Best deals in the CVS ad for 3/4
- Taster's Choice instant coffee -- 6-count boxes on sale for $1 each. Use this 65 cents off coupon and pay 35 cents each for yours.
- Dentyne Stride -- on sale for $1 per pack. Buy two packs and use the $1 off 2 coupon from the 2/12 Smartsource insert. You'll pay 50 cents per pack -- which is a great price for Easter basket stuffers!
- Select nutrition bars -- on sale Buy 2, Get 1 Free, no prices listed. The ad lists Clif bars, Kashi bars, PowerBars, Zone Perfect, and MetRx. Kashi bars are usually priced around $1.89 each, so buy three of those and use the $2 off Kashi coupon from Recycle Bank (must use points.) You'll pay $1.78 for all three bars after coupon, which works out to 60 cents each.
- Blue Diamond almonds -- on sale for $2.50 per can, plus it's part of the Spend $30, Get a Free $10 CVS gift card promotion for the week. Buy 12 cans and use 12 copies of the $1 off coupon from the 1/29 Smartsource insert. Your price after coupons and gift cards falls to just $8 for all 12 cans, or a mere 67 cents each. *stockpile price*
- Lysol Neutra Air -- on sale for $2.50 each, plus it's part of the Spend $30, Get a Free $10 CVS gift card promotion for the week. So if you can find this many in stock, here's a deal: Buy 12 cans for $30 pre-coupon, then use 12 copies of the $1 off coupon from the 2/5 Smartsource insert (expires 3/6.) Your final price after coupons and gift card is just $8, or 67 cents per aerosol can. *stockpile price*
- Seattle's Best iced lattes -- on sale for $1 per can.
- Select Dove products -- Spend $15, get $5 back in Extra Bucks. Dove 2-packs of bar soap are on sale for $3 each, so buy 5 for $10 after Extra Bucks. That works out to a dollar per bar.
- Eggs -- on sale for $1.29 per dozen.
- Fructis hair care -- on sale 3 for $10, with $3 back in Extra Bucks. Use three copies of the $1 off coupon from the 2/5 Red Plum insert, and your final price drops to 3 bottles for $4. That's just $1.34 each.
- Mars or Wrigley Easter candy -- Spend $12, Get $3 back in Extra Bucks. M&Ms are on sale for $3 per bag, so buy four bags, and use two copies of the $1.50 off 2 coupon from the 2/12 Red Plum insert. Your final price drops to $6 for all four bags, or $1.50 each.
- Purina, Pedigree, or Friskies -- Spend $20, get $5 back in Extra Bucks. Beggin Strips are featured in the ad at $3.19 per bag -- so buy 7 bags, and use three copies of the $2 off 2 coupon from the 1/8 Smartsource insert. Your price falls to $1.61 per bag after coupons and Extra Bucks.
- All laundry detergent -- 28-32 load bottles on sale for $4 each, plus it's part of the Spend $30, Get a Free $10 CVS gift card promotion for the week. Buy 8 bottles and use 8 copies of the $1 off All coupon arriving in the 3/4 Red Plum insert. After coupons and gift cards, your price falls to $1.75 per bottle. That's as low as six cents per load of laundry! *stockpile price*
- Revlon nail polish -- on sale for $4.79 each, with $3 back in Extra Bucks. So your final price is $1.79 each. Limit 6 per Extra Care card.
- Gallon of milk -- on sale for $2.99, with $1 back in Extra Bucks. So your final price is $1.99 per gallon. Limit 2 per Extra Care card.
- Filippo Berio olive oil -- on sale for $3.99 per bottle. Use this $1 off coupon and pay $2.99 for yours.
- Zantac -- assorted varieties on sale for $7.99, with $2 back in Extra Bucks. Use this $3 off Zantac coupon and pay $2.99 for yours.
- Long or short-sleeve t-shirts -- on sale for $3.34 each.
- Bengay Zero Degree pain relief -- on sale for $10.99, with $2 back in Extra Bucks. We should be seeing a $5 off Bengay coupon arriving in the 3/4 Red Plum insert that will drop your final price down to just $3.99.
- Prevacid 24-hour -- 42-count boxes on sale for $25, with $10 back in Extra Bucks when you buy two boxes. Use the $7 off 2 coupon coming in the 3/4 Smartsource, and your final price drops to $16.50 each.
- Select P&G items -- on sale Buy 3, Get 1 Free, no prices listed. The ad shows Olay, Pantene, Secret, Gillette, Vicks, Old Spice, Tampax, Always, and Pampers -- plus a bunch of P&G household brands as well. Some of those personal care brands are part of the current $15 P&G rebate form, so stacked with the P&G coupons coming in the 3/4 paper should make for some pretty good deals!
- CoverGirl cosmetics -- Spend $10 on CoverGirl eyes, lips, or face cosmetics, get $3 back in Extra Bucks. This deal also qualifies for the $15 P&G rebate form.
- Revlon eye or lip cosmetics -- Buy any one item (excluding clearance) get $4 back in Extra Bucks. Use the $1 off coupon from the 1/29 Smartsource -- which expires on 3/4 -- to pay even less for yours.
You can see the complete CVS ad for 3/4 over on i heart cvs right now. Let me know if I missed any great deals, and I will add them to the recap!
If you don't have the right coupons for these sales, or enough coupons to stockpile at the lowest prices, head over to CouponDede.com to see if she's got copies for you.
Click here to see all the current CVS freebies and deals.