Do you have unclaimed money waiting for you? Find out with free search


I don't know if anyone caught the report this morning on Good Morning America about how to find unclaimed money, but I did.  I was curious to see how simple the search process was, and whether or not I had any money coming my way, so I took literally five minutes today to visit Unclaimed.org and check it out.

Imagine my surprise to find I had some cash waiting for me, from a premium refund on an insurance policy I had a few years ago.  This is the most profitable five minutes I've personally had in quite awhile.

Here's what you need to do to see if you also have any unclaimed money floating around out there:
  • Visit Unclaimed.org
  • Click on each state that you've lived in, and perform a free search of your name in that state's database. 
  • If your name pops up and matches back to an address you either currently live at or have lived at in the past, you might be owed money!
For Texas residents, you'll need to complete a Texas Unclaimed Property Original Owner Claim Form, and mail it with any supporting documentation that they might need.  It could take up to 3 months for you to receive your unclaimed funds.

I'm looking forward to getting my check, and I strongly recommend you take a minute to check things out for yourself too!

Click here to visit Unclaimed.org and discover whether you have unclaimed money being held in your name.

Comments

  1. Back in 2008 my husband got just over $4,000 through this site. He had changed jobs and it was his non-contributory pension refund. The bizarre thing was we hadn't moved - they had our address as he had a 401K with them, but nevertheless this money went to the state. Definitely worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found $7.77 that was owed to me and $70 owed to my brother!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment